That's right, it's happening! And it's happening soon.
A weekend of parties, bike polo, skid competitions and a grand 'Tour de Pekin' is all set to kick off this June.
Thanks to support from Adidas, some amazing prizes are up for grabs.
Go here: http://tiny.cc/4SwEf for a map of the checkpoints.
Locations are to be confirmed but more or less decided. Any changes will be published with plenty of notice. The race so far includes 12 checkpoints and will start from the gates of the Forbidden City (what a setting!).
First to collect stamps from all checkpoints and reach the finishing station (near the Drum Tower) wins.
Fixie friends from Hong Kong, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Taiwan etc may want to study this map before coming to familiarise yourself with possible routes.
ALL FIXED GEAR RIDERS IN CHINA ARE WELCOME!
Those without places to stay will be able to 'couch surf' with riders in Beijing.
Friday June 12th:
- Night: Party
Saturday June 13th:
- Lunch: Get together
- Afternoon: Bike Polo training
- Late afternoon/early evening: “BEIJING ALLEYCAT // 胡同大猫”: This is Beijing's first fixed gear alleycat race 北京第一个死飞ALLEYCAT
- Late evening prize ceremony and big party for Fixed Gear friends
Sunday June 14th:
- Morning: Skid competition, backward circle competition, track stand competition, best trick competition and prize ceremony
- Afternoon: Big Bike Polo match: Teams from different cities playing for the China Bike Polo Champion and prize ceremony
- Evening: Bike movies screening
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Had a minute so I threw together a line drawing of the
SH skyline. I thought we could use it if we got enough
interest in the cycling caps. I have it filled in and just
a line drawing. Illustrator file.
Let me know if you have any interest, I can start putting
things in motion.